Knowledgeability Clarity of Response Timeliness Politeness Nomination?
10 10 10 10 Yes
Comment: Once again – I truly appreciate your wisdom and clarity when answering my questions! With so much opposition these days from my teens, it’s lovely to hear that I may be doing the right thing after all and that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel! Bless you, Kay! Mel
Subject: MY CHILDS BREASTS
Question: I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW AS A MOTHER OF A 9 YEARS OLD CHILD ,
1)WHY IS IT SO THAT THE GIRLS HAVE BREASTS AT A VERY EARLY AGE.?
2)WHY IS IT SO THAT THE BREASTS OF GIRLS IN THE PRESENT GENERATION ARE SO BIGGER IN THE SIZE ?
3)ARE THERE ANY SPECIFIC DIET TO BE FOLOWED TO HAVE AN NORMAL SIZE.PLEASE EXPLAIN IN DETAIL.IS IT DUE TO HORMONE INJECTED FOODS LOKE CHICKEN etc.
4)WHEN SHOULD I INTRODUCE BRA FOR MY DAUGHTER?WHICH IS THE SMALLEST ONE AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET?
5)IS THE BREAST GROWTH KEPT IN CONTROL IF BRA IS WORE RIGHT FROM THE BEGINGING OF THE BREASTS ,IS WEARING TIGHT ONE ADVISABLE?
Answer: Dear Anonymous, You didn’t really indicate whether or not you were actually dealing with these questions regarding your own daughter other than stating she is 9 years old.
1) Both boys and girls are developing at a much earlier age these days. Research and Development specialist seem to agree the foods we have eaten during the last century may have played an important role. Other theories are that due to the prevalence of child sexual abuse children’s bodies are responding by developing earllier. However science has not proven either of these theories conclusively.
2) I have no idea that size has become an issue with young developing girls. If this were so I am sure we would be educated by the television. As a matter of fact the TV shows report many young girls wanting breast implants so until the plastic surgeons are complaining for a lack of business I wouldn’t let this question keep you up at night.
3) Eating fresh vegetables and fruits and maintaining a healthy diet is just good sense for any reason.
4) When she shows an interest or it becomes rather obvious she needs one.
5) You cannot control the size of her breasts and indeed she will be less self conscious of wearing a bra if she is fitted properly.
I hestitated to even answer these questions as it sounds like you are having severe discomfort surrounding your daughter’s physical development. I would strongly suggest talking with a professional counselor as to your fears regarding your daughter’s growth.
It maybe you don’t want to lose your daighter and her impending bust development is a sign she is maturing into a young worman and may leave you, it maybe you are feeling intimadated by her becoming a sexual being, or it maybe that this is triggering something from your own childhood and how your parents handled your maturing body when you were a young girl.
Either way from the questions you posed I think you could benefit from some support right now and make this transition easy on both you. That you wrote and asked these questions shows me you want the very best for your daughter and you care for her deeply.
Getting some assitance in this area will keep your relationship supportive and assist it in blossoming into an adult relationship which will comfort you well into your elderly years. Parenting truly is the toughest challenge we face in our lives and your daugher if fortunate to have someone in her life who wants to do what is best for her.
M Kay Keller